SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS ONLY
The Network Contract Office (NCO22) is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting a market research to identify Small Business sources that have the capability to provide Mortuary and Transportation services and supplies of unclaimed remains for the VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92357. The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is 812210 Funeral Homes and funeral Services where the Small Business Size Standard is $7.5 Million.
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a Sources Sought/RFI only. There is no solicitation at this time. The purpose of this Sources sought Notice is to locate and identify qualified Small Business sources. Interested Small Business firms are invited to respond to this sources sought announcement by identifying Technical Capabilities (not to exceed five (5) pages, excluding the cover page) that summarizes relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Information shall include at the minimum: (1) Organization name, address, email address, Web site address, telephone number; (2) Business Size information and type of ownership; (3) FSS/GSA Contact Holder information if applicable; (4) Contractor s capability statements addressing the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability and (5) NAICS and Cage Code.
Interested Small Business concerns providing Mortuary and Transportation services and supplies for our unclaimed remains, at a minimum are to provide the following required for the VA San Diego Healthcare System:
1. Preparation of the body: Embalming and refrigeration.
2. Clothing: The deceased Veteran s body will be dressed in suitable and appropriate attire. Veterans shall be dressed for burial.
3. Casket: The casket, at a minimum, must be constructed from thick, strong particleboard and must be of sufficient strength to support the weight of an adult human body. Cardboard or press paper or similar materials are not acceptable.
4. Permits: Mortuary Company will secure all necessary permits to provide service. Reimbursement for such permits will be included in transportation charges.
5. United States Flag: The Mortuary will ensure that a U.S. Flag, provided by the Funeral Director at the VA, accompanies the casket to the place of burial.
6. Transportation: The body will be transported by hearse or van from the VA facility to the funeral home and to the place of burial. Veteran buried at the Miramar Veterans Cemetery.
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
This notice is neither a request for competitive proposal or solicitation of offerors. This notice is to assist the VA in determining sources only and a solicitation is not currently available. If a solicitation is issued it will be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from this response. Responses to this sources sought is not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation. Information received as a result of this notice will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement. This notice does not represent a commitment by the government to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of information or any other costs incurred as a response to this announcement. Inquiries will only be accepted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 13th, 2017 by 3:00pm PST.
Sylvia Correa email@example.com